If you want
a certificate that you held teletandem sessions, you should notify your
partner in advance, before you start your teletandem process and prepare a
portfolio with the seven tasks below.
The 7 tasks for obtaining a certificate issued by the Project Teletandem Brasil are the following:
- Hold at least 8 sessions of two hours (one hour in each language) with your partner, or 8 weeks of teletandem;
- Write an essay or produce sentences in the target language and send them to your the partner weekly. Then, he/she should edit your written production in Word (using "control changes") and send it back to you BEFORE the following session. You will, then, receive the edited essay or written work and make a copy of it without the corrections, producing a "clean version" (without the errors and corrected). Each written paper will, therefore, have 3 versions - the original, the edited and the final. The total will be 8 essays at the end of the process (each of them in three versions).
- List of words (glossary) used during the sessions (total 8 lists), in alphabetical order. The glossary is a summary of the vocabulary input and idiomatic expressions that you learned from him/her during the sessions. In order to have a rich glossary, you and your partner should always take notes of the new words during the sessions, as you both develop the conversation.
- A copy of the notes that you have taken on the chat or on Talk & Write during each of the eight sessions (just "copy" the chat or the notes and "paste" them on a Word document;
- Self-evaluation written in your own language (mention the collaboration you both had, the problems, achievements, what you could not say in the language before starting teletandem and the goals you achieved);
- Assessment, written by the partner, of your development in the target language.
- A front page with your name, address, phone number, your language, your partner’s language, number of sessions you both had (no less than eight sessions) and the period in which you had the sessions.
All documents must be printed and be sent to:
The certificate will be issued three months after the posting date.